This chart shows the synchronisation speeds for the broadband line and so can indicate an unstable line or a line which has dropped in speed. If configured, a health alert can be sent when the downstream speed drops below the threshold - the purple line in the chart. This chart is only available for lines which have been set up as Broadband Clarity by an admin user.
- Vertical axis
- Adjusts according to the sync speeds recorded in the time period and shows kbps or Mbps; hover on the chart to see exact speeds
- 10 Mbps
- The threshold applies to Downstream only and is shown as a horizontal purple line on the chart with the actual threshold value on the far right.
If configured, a health alert can be sent when the sync speed drops below the threshold.
- Horizontal axis
- Adjusts according to the selected time period to show hours in day view and days in week and month views; redraws if the time zone is changed at the top right of the Details page
Highlight displays the lowest speed recorded for each data point in the time period:
- Shows multiple data points per hour (the lowest speed seen for each polling period, usually three minutes)
- Shows 24 data points per day (every hour)
- Shows 6 data points per day (every 4 hours)
From week or month view: clicking any data point jumps to the selected day view. See GIF in separate section on Zoom options below.
There are two methods to zoom in on charts: drag and click. All charts on the details page are synchronised so they zoom in and out together or the whole page jumps to a date on click.
Grey/White backgrounds - Business hours
The chart shows non-business hours with a grey background and business hours with a white background on day and week views. Business hours are not shown on a month view.
Business hours are the time periods (to the nearest hour) that a business is operational. Highlight uses business hours when displaying charts on the Details page, filtering reporting results and generating alerts. Default values are 06:00 to 18:00 Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday excluded. However, you may see different settings if the business hours on a parent folder or location have been changed. Business hours reflect the local time zone for the location.
Find out more about business hours.
Purple backgrounds - Maintenance
Any purple background areas on the chart show current and past maintenance periods. Watches in maintenance do not send alerts, change the colour of heat tiles or decrement the availability figure for the time period.
Find out more about maintenance indicators on the details page.