This chart shows the signal strength (the RSSI values recorded) for the cellular line over time. It also shows changes in cell tower ID, network and radio technology. The chart is only available for lines which have been set up as Cellular Clarity by an admin user.
- For day view only, download the information to a CSV file (see sample CSV image below).
- Vertical axis
- Shows fixed values from -30 dBm to -120 dBm. The gradient on the right indicates "Excellent" values are green and near -30 whilst poor values show in red and are closer to -120. Hover on the chart to see exact values. Note: any values outside this range typically indicate no reading so these are mapped to -120.
- -90 dBm
- The threshold is shown as a horizontal purple line on the chart with the actual threshold value on the far right. If configured, a health alert can be sent when the signal strength drops below the threshold.
- Horizontal axis
- Adjusts according to the selected time period to show hours in day view and days in week and month views; redraws if the time zone is changed at the top right of the Details page.
Highlight displays the average recorded value for each signal strength data point in the time period:
- Shows multiple data points per hour (one for each polling period, usually five minutes)
- Shows 24 data points per day (every hour), Average for each hour is shown along with Min/Max values if checked
- Shows 6 data points per day (every 4 hours), Average for each period is shown along with Min/Max values if checked
From week or month view: clicking any data point jumps to the selected day view. See GIF in separate section on Zoom options below.
There are two methods to zoom in on charts: drag and click. All new style charts on the details page are synchronised so they zoom in and out together or the whole page jumps to a date on click.