Details Page Header
Full description of the Details page options, titles, time zones and calendar settings
The title bar comprises 2 parts, plus a temporary purple marker if a watch is in maintenance. See the Maintenance section below for details.
The lower part of the title bar -is the path to the location of this watch. Clicking on any part of the path (Root, KFV Services, Head Office or the location Internet_Router) will move to that level on the Network Explorer tree. This is standard across all Highlight pages.
Hovering over the star allows you to add this location or folder to favourites. See Using Favourites for more information.
The header title varies according to the watch type. Titles show:
- watch name
- bandwith (for bearers, traffic classes, VLANs and multilink)
- watch type (product type, if completed, will display instead of watch type for bearers)
- description (if completed)
Watch the Tech Info video
This window shows detailed information about the device you selected. The information is in several parts:
This section shows information about the device itself. This contains both current configuration information in Highlight, and information gathered directly from the device such as the Manufacturer, Serial Number and Type.
Technical information is refreshed every four hours for most devices. The 'Last Checked' field tells you when this last update occurred.
Note: SD-WAN devices are checked every 10 minutes and switches are every hour.
Additional detail is also included on interfaces being monitored and any discovered elements (Class of Service, Multilink, VLANs), including speeds used by Highlight.
Shows a list of the performance tests that are running on this device.
Shows if Flow or NBAR is being monitored on this device.
For Switches the additional detail is explained further on the Switches page
Device real-time Technical Test
runs a technical test in real time for the current device information. Highlight displays a Testing icon while gathering the detail.
The Test button may be disabled or hidden with one of these messages:
- "Your provider has disabled tech testing for this device" - if the Edit watch option "Tech test available to customers" is unchecked
- "Testing not available for this device" - for SD-WAN devices where collecting data via SNMP is not enabled
If a watch is active in Highlight but not reachable from the primary poller then the technical test will fail.
Once completed a separate Device Technical Test window displays further configuration information including interface description and a list of IP addresses/subnet masks:
The real time tech test does not update the Highlight Technical Information with any recent changes.
If response from the device is slow or the device is currently unreachable, the test will time out after 30 seconds and display "This device could not be found."
Tech info is not available for wireless access points and controllers
Use this to see alerts from this watch location in the Alert Log. The Alert Log is filtered to match the date range selected on the Details page. All users have access to the Alert Log.
To return from the Alert Log to the Details page, right-click on your browser's back button [←] and select Details - Highlight.
- Alerts This option is not available for dates before the Alert Log was implemented in April 2021.
This will launch your mail client and generate an email to your customer services group as listed on the Home page. The subject, watch name, location and folder will auto-fill.
Use this option to request a change to the watch, location or folder you're looking at on the Details page: perhaps the bandwidth is wrong, the name or description needs changing, or you think there's an issue.
Use this to open the Edit Watch dialog for the watch currently on the Details page. Make any changes if needed, and return to the Details page.
If you the watch, you will return to the Status Heat Tiles page for the position you have selected in the Network Explorer tree.
Permission needed: You will only see the Edit option if you have the permission Edit watches.
Options now includes a Provider link which displays the logo of your service provider, as defined in the Domain folder. Click on the logo to get service provider support details.
3 time zone options are available
- The location time zone, as defined during setup
- Your time zone, being that detected from the user's browser
The Details page is static by default with Auto Refresh Off
Alternatively, switching AutoRefresh On, will countdown from 180 seconds until the Details page refreshes
Use the drop-down to select the time period of:
- A single 24 hour period (may be 23 or 25 hours on daylight savings adjustment dates)
- A Highlight week is Sunday to Saturday
- A calendar month beginning on the first
Use the Go to today option on the right of the time bar to view the current date for the time zone displayed
When a watch is in maintenance, the watch icon changes to the maintenance icon
Hover on the maintenance icon to see:
- the name of the container/maintenance window ("All KFV" in the image)
- the time remaining in the maintenance window (3h 23m in the image); less than one minute remaining will show as "<1m"
- if you see a number in brackets (2), this means there's more than one maintenance window in effect for this watch. The time remaining is when the first maintenance window is due to end. This time will then adjust to show how long until the next maintenance window is due to end.
Watches in maintenance do not send alerts, change the colour of heat tiles nor decrement availability figures