Wireless Access Point - Client Count
A vertical bar is drawn on the chart for each poll (typically every five minutes). When client numbers are at or below the threshold, the vertical bar is green. When client numbers exceed the threshold, the section of the vertical bar above the threshold is red.
The custom defined threshold is indicated with a thin horizontal purple line and shown in purple text in the right margin. The threshold is 30 client devices by default and can be altered by Admin users. See WiFi Alerting Thresholds for more information.
If configured, an alert can be sent when client count exceeds the threshold.
- Vertical axis
- Scaling adjusts depending on data
If the adjusted vertical axis means the threshold line is not visible then a purple arrow is shown indicating the threshold is above the visible chart area.
- Horizontal axis
- Adjusts according to the selected time period to show "hours" in day view and "days" in week and month views; redraws if the time zone is changed at the top right of the Details page
- Zoom options
- Drag: click, hold and drag across the chart to zoom into a time period; repeat if needed and if complete
Note: all charts are synchronised so they zoom in and out together
Click: on a week or month view, click on the chart to jump to that specific day view
Highlight displays the values for each data point in the time period:
- Shows multiple data points per hour (one for each polling period, usually one to five minutes)
- Shows 24 data points per day (every hour), Maximum for each hour is shown
- Shows 6 data points per day (every 4 hours), Maximum for each 4 hour period is shown
For any time period, hover on a point to see date, timestamp, client count and signal problem as a percentage.
Colours on the line represent the percent of clients with signal problems as:
- Values are at or below the threshold
- Red blips
- Values exceed the threshold
- No samples or client count of 0%
The threshold for signal problems is set to 25% by default and can be altered by Admin users. This is 25% of clients on an AP with poor signal strength. A poor signal strength is defined as one or two bars or below 20 decibels. The custom threshold is shown in purple text in the right margin. See WiFi Alerting Thresholds for more information.
If configured, an alert can be sent when signal problems exceed the threshold.
Grey/White backgrounds - Business hours
The chart shows non-business hours with a grey background and business hours with a white background on day and week views. Business hours are not shown on a month view.
Business hours are the time periods (to the nearest hour) that a business is operational. Highlight uses business hours when displaying charts on the Details page, filtering reporting results and generating alerts. Default values are 06:00 to 18:00 Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday excluded. However, you may see different settings if the business hours on a parent folder or location have been changed. Business hours reflect the local time zone for the location.
Find out more about business hours.
Purple backgrounds - Maintenance
Any purple background areas on the chart show current and past maintenance periods. Watches in maintenance do not send alerts, change the colour of heat tiles or decrement the availability figure for the time period.
Find out more about maintenance indicators on the details page.