Release notes - October 2020
20.10 sees Highlight support another WiFi vendor, Ruckus, along with UI updates for heat tile filtering, alerting and searching on favourites.
WiFi support now available for Ruckus devices* in addition to Cisco, Aruba, Aerohive and Meraki. Please contact us if you would like to use this new feature.
*We've validated Ruckus controller version 126.96.36.199.699. Later versions may not be supported.
The options panel for service tiles and locations tiles has been refreshed. Use the panel to display only certain colour tiles, adjust the size of your tiles, or group, arrange or filter tiles.
- Use the check box below or click on each colour to hide or show those tiles in the display
- Use the "reset all filters" button to return all settings to their default
The display resets to show all colours each time you log in
Find out more about heat tile display options.
Alerts may now be named to differentiate them. The alerting table contains more information and can be sorted. You can search on name, ID, the contents of the Send to field and the path shown in Defined in to quickly find alerts. Find out more about alerting.
As first announced in the June 2020 release notes, Highlight now no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer. Since 20.7, anyone logging in using Internet Explorer sees the warning message shown above. Instead of reduced functionality, Highlight is likely to stop working on this browser. Use the latest versions of Edge, Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.
Find out more about our supported browsers.
Dynamic IP addresses
Where a hostname is used for a device, Highlight will now attempt to automatically resolve a changed IP address. Detected changes to IP addresses are recorded in the Audit Log. Find out more about dynamic IP addresses in Highlight.
Our new look sensitivity panel has been updated and shows how quickly Highlight responds to issues on your network. Find out more about sensitivity.
- Traffic load: Utilisation figures in the Traffic Load CSV download now round the calculation to one decimal place, rather than truncate the figure. The output is also constrained to one decimal place. Previously it was shown to two decimal places.
Note: opening the CSV in Excel may show the values to two decimal places. This is an Excel display issue with the CSV.
- SD-WAN: Auto-created SD-WAN locations correctly honour the parent folder time zone setting
- Broadband Clarity: Broadband Clarity enabled watches correctly determine the connection sync speeds ignoring the policer/shaper values that might be present on the interface
- Broadband Clarity: If there is a Broadband Clarity related health issue ongoing and Broadband Clarity is subsequently disabled on the watch, the health issue is now correctly closed
Highlight 20.10 has been tested on the following browsers:
Version 81.0.1 & ESR (78.3.1)
Find out more about Highlight supported browsers.
As of October 2020, Highlight no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer. Instead of reduced functionality, Highlight may stop working on this browser after this date.
More details on all of Highlight’s features are available on the Help & Support Centre or contact us for assistance.