Release notes 8.7.4
8.7.4 is a maintenance release containing minor enhancements and bug fixes.
Highlight now supports SNMP v2 and v3 on Ekinops (previously OneAccess) 1646 devices in Beta:
- VLANs can be automatically detected
- Details Line Health graph shows: CPU Load, interface errors and discards
- Reporting Inventory shows: Router software/firmware version, serial number and device name
Changes made for watches (on create, edit, delete and move) are fully recorded in the Audit Log entry against the watch.
Our service delivery team has migrated all existing service tiles to our new container-based service tiles. All references to service tests and legacy services have been removed from Highlight.
Watch the Video: Service tile description
A service tile is now created using a container, allowing all previous functionality and more:
- Improved workflow
- Streamlined user interface to create service tiles
- Set thresholds
- Change tile colour based on the number of watches with issues
- Test templates
- Quickly create multiple performance tests
- Maintenance windows
- Temporarily stop watches generating alerts or affecting heat tiles
Performance test templates and containers offer everything previously available with service tests and more. There's a simplified workflow for creation of multiple tests with similar characteristics. You can set a template so that performance tests created with it will automatically link to a container on creation.
1. For more responsive designs on smaller screens, we removed the home button from the main navigation area. The home page is available (see image above):
- at login
- from the user menu side bar
- by clicking on the logo in the top left
Note: Product type is an optional text field which is limited to 20 characters and enables service providers to display the service name for a watch rather than the Highlight default watch type, for example FTTC instead of ADSL in the image above.
- Line Health: devices not supporting "interface lastchange" will revert Availability to Blue (No data) in Line Health chart when connection re-established, rather than staying mustard (Ongoing issue)
- Watchguard: An issue affecting polling of Watchguard firewalls has been resolved
- Draytek: no longer indicate unknown outage for some interface selections
- NortelSynoptics: Highlight now correctly selects and polls the monitored interface from a NortelSynoptics device
- Scheduled reports: now display the correct sort order in the title
- Traffic Load: the link to Text view on the Details page now works again
- Audit log: now correctly displays changes to Aerohive Controllers
- Details header: The Details page header now correctly displays "ADSL" for watch type rather than "bearer"
- Flow details: screen formatting no longer truncates Host IP addresses when viewing Flow information
Highlight 8.7.4 has been tested on the following browsers:
Version 64.0 & ESR (60.4.0)
Find out more about Highlight supported web browsers.
More details on all of Highlight’s features are available on the Help & Support Centre or contact us for assistance.