Terms and conditions
This page contains terms and conditions of use of the Highlight services. Section 1 covers general terms and section 2 covers how we hold and process personal data.
These Terms and Conditions govern the use of the Highlight Reporting Service ('Highlight' or 'the Service') and together with any documents referred to in it describe the terms on which you may make use of the Service, as a registered user. Use of the Service includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use the Service.
Website Content and Copyright
The design and function of the Highlight Service is Copyright© Highlight (SLM) Ltd, including but not limited to Heat Tiles and other graphics and are protected by international Copyright laws, all rights reserved. We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the Service, and in the material published on it. You must not represent any information taken from Highlight as coming from another tool or service, and you may only use any part of the content on the Service for commercial purposes with a licence to do so from us or our licenced resellers.
The 'Highlight' logo is a registered trademark of Highlight (SLM) Ltd.
Changes or Updates to the Service
Highlight reserves the right to update the look and functionality of Highlight, including removing, amending, or adding new functionality. We will endeavour to give full notice of these changes, and any associated downtime.
Changes to these terms
Highlight strive to ensure that collection of data by Highlight is contiguous and continuous. Advertised "downtime" of the Service normally means that the Web Interface will be unavailable for the stated time, but that data collection will continue unchanged and when access to the Web Interface is restored, there will be no gaps in collected data. On the rare occasions when collection of data needs to be temporarily suspended, this fact will be advertised.
Accuracy of Information
Information displayed by Highlight is based on data collected from devices over which we have no control. We make every effort to ensure the information displayed by the Service is accurate, but Highlight is not responsible for inaccuracies caused by faulty software or firmware in devices being monitored, or for problems caused by network connectivity over which we have no control. You assume responsibility for the use you make of the data provided by Highlight. Where the Service contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Limitation of Liability
- use of, or inability to use, the Service; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Service.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Although we take steps to prevent our systems being affected by computer viruses, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Service or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
In accessing and using the Service the User agrees to comply with all applicable laws and agrees not to take any action that would compromise the security or viability of the Service. Highlight may terminate a user's access to the Service at any time if it suspects a user is not complying with these terms. The user agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Highlight and its directors, employees and agents from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs arising out of the User's use/ misuse of this Website.
This section describes how we handle Personal Data for you as a user of the Highlight service (the Service). We’ll describe it in general terms, and specifically as it’s covered in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the GDPR).
Our policy around your personal information is this : We will work hard to protect your privacy, and we will only collect, keep and use information about you which enables us to:
- Carry out our obligations to you as a user of our Highlight Service
- Tell you about changes to the Service which might affect your use of it (for example, if Highlight is going to be unavailable for maintenance)
- Tell you about changes to the Service which might help you get more out of it (for example, describing a new feature we’re adding, or reminding you about a feature we think would be valuable to you)
- Store your preferences in using the Service, and details of how you have used it
- Understand and record how people use the Service, both to help us improve it, and to provide audit trails of changes as part of the Service’s Administrative functions
Processing of personal data is incidental to the Service, and not our primary purpose, and we will regularly audit that your data is stored securely. We will never pass your information on to third parties unless it both supports one of the goals above, and is being passed to an organisation which has confirmed it will treat your data to the same standard we do and complies with the DPA / GDPR.
For the purpose of the DPA or the GDPR, Highlight (SLM) Ltd functions as both a data controller and data processor. If you have any further queries about how we process your data, or what data we hold on you, you can contact us via the phone numbers at the foot of this page, which are also found on our website, www.highlight.net. You can also send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org where they will be routed to the appropriate person.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide when you register to use the Service, or when someone in your organisation or service provider registers you to use the Service :
- Your Email address, which enables us to identify you to Highlight, store your preferences for using the system, and send you emails about the Service;
- Your Full Name, which we use to include in reports, to help other people in your organisation or your service provider identify you, and
- A phone number we can use to contact you (optional)
Your email and full name are necessary for correct functioning of the Service, and if you don’t provide them you will be unable to access the Service. This information will be stored for as long as you have an account on the service. If you stop using your Highlight account, your account details will be automatically deleted after three months, although we will retain abbreviated details about you (your email address) in audit and system logs for up to three years. If you want to change the details we hold on you, or delete your account, and don’t have the necessary privileges to do it yourself, you can contact:
- Your Service Provider’s support desk, if Highlight was set up for you by a Provider, or
- Highlight’s support team on email@example.com.
Your email address will be used to send you administrative details and updates about the Service, for example to notify you of outages, or tell you about new features. These emails will always contain an “unsubscribe” link although we recommend that you stay subscribed as you may miss important information, or not be aware of important changes or enhancements to the Service that you might find valuable.
2. Information on your usage of the Service :
- The date, time and IP address from which you log in to the Service
- The date, time and IP address from which you make administrative changes if you have those privileges
We keep this information for security purposes, to help us understand how people use the Service, and to help other people in your organisation or your Service Provider make best use of the service and understand how it has been used. This audit-trail information is available through the Highlight GUI to people who administrate your account. The audit trail information will be kept for three years after your Highlight account is deleted, and then automatically purged.
3. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to help us understand how people use Highlight and ensure we’re supporting them properly.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our company, or to contractors and third parties working for us. Where we disclose information to third parties or contractors, we will ensure that those people operate under the same confidentiality agreement, and respect the terms of the GDPR.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Highlight or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
1. Opting Out
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data to tell you about new Highlight features and capabilities. You can use the ‘unusbscribe’ option at the bottom of these emails, for this purpose, or contact us using one of the methods below.
2. Access to Information
We want to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, and the GDPR gives you the right to access this information . You can see the account-level information we keep by using the ‘My Details’ option behind the user icon in the top right of your Highlight screen (after logging in). If you’d rather deal with us directly, or want more information, you can contact us through one of the routes below. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing this information.
You can also reach us by phone at +44 1 483 209970.
Our registered office is 39/41 North Road, London UK, N7 9DP.