This page explains symptoms experienced with discovering Classes
When viewing the Location strip charts having clicked on a heat tile, if no classes are seen then the likely causes of this are:
- There is no outbound QoS policy defined and applied to the monitored interface. Classes are not discovered if only an inbound policy is applied.
- There is no child QoS policy with class names configured under a shaper policy applied to the monitored interface
- The outbound QoS policy has been applied to an interface not being monitored by Highlight
- Highlight has not been configured to autodiscover classes
- The class names used do not match those set up in Highlight using the CCD
- Highlight CCD changes not yet adopted by poller/watch. It will take up to 4 hours for Highlight pollers to adopt the new CCD. A watch will need to revalidate for any new classes to be discovered which generally happens following device reconfiguration or otherwise every 32 days.
When viewing the Location strip charts having clicked on a heat tile, if only Best Effort class is seen then possible causes of this are:
- An outbound policy has been applied with no classes defined, for example a shape policy.
- The class names used in the outbound policy do not correspond to the standard service provider class names defined in Highlight