This page explains symptoms experienced with Highlight reporting
No results, or fewer lines than expected
If you were expecting more results than are displayed, the likely causes of this are:
- Check the "Filter" drop-down to see if there is a text or other filter applied
- Watches with no data do not produce report lines. Check the time period to determine if all the watches expected were live in Highlight
- Check the "Results" drop-down to see if it is set to "Top 10" or similar
- Check the "On" drop-down to see if it is set correctly. For example "Bearer watches" will not display VLANs or Classes of Service
- Check that the watches in question produce reports as some do not for commercial reasons (Edit watch - "Generate statistical reports")
Lower figures than expected
If you were expecting higher figures than are displayed, the likely causes of this are:
- Check the "Filter" drop-down to see if there is a "Business Hours" filter applied
- Check the time period to determine if it is as expected
Fewer columns available for selection than expected
If you were expecting more options than are displayed, the likely cause of this is:
- Check the "On" drop-down to see if it is set for your requirement.
For example "All watches" will not display some columns related to Bearers
Details page Traffic Load Summary data different from reporting load data
There may be a small variation between the load values in Reporting and on the Details page Traffic Load Summary. In Reporting, raw data is summarised for each day and rounded then aggregated for the week or month value. On the Details page, raw data is used for day, week or month values.
Unexpected device details in list
If you run an inventory and more entries are present than expected, the likely cause of this is:
- A watch has a performance test sourced from another device.
This may be expected behaviour. However it can happen when the IP has changed on the main tab following equipment replacement but the performance test running on the device continues to use the IP related to the old device.
Action: Correct the performance test set up, if necessary
ICCID numbers rounded by Excel
ICCID 19 digit numbers are treated by Excel as "large" and the final digits are rounded when the downloaded CSV file is opened. A workaround for this is as follows:
In Highlight, in Reporting > Inventory, download and save the CSV file but don’t open it
Open Excel; choose File > Open and select the CSV file (“DeviceReport”)
This opens a Text Import Wizard with 3 steps:
- Step 1: Select Delimited
- Step 2: Select Comma (and deselect Tab)
- Step 3: Scroll to the final column with the header “SIM ICCID”, select it and select Text as the Column data format